Thursday, August 5, 2010

Catching up since graduation

Wow it's been months since I've last updated this. I can see that I haven't posted my final thesis on here at all. So much to catch up on in this post. So much has happened since April 1st (my last post).

I have finished my thesis! That was a huge relief. Then it was scramble time for the recruiters. I got an interview with Sony which was very helpful. Ken Maruyama was extremely nice to speak with and he gave some wonderful suggestions to improve my lighting demo reel! So I bought the student version of Maya and Renderman for a year license and I hope to get a few more small projects done to up my demo reels.

I graduated on May 7th with a BFA in Computer Animation from the best school ever! Ringling College of Art & Design was an incredible experience. It's definitely not for the faint hearted. You have to be 120% in love with what you do to make it through there and an extremely hard worker. I'll tell you I feel like at this point in my life, if I can make it through Ringling's Computer Animation program I can do anything!

Since then I've come back home to Colorado for a little RnR and to recoop from the last 4 years at Ringling. My primary focus in life right now is job hunting. I so desire to work in film, however it would be incredible to work in video games as well! Right now I'd like to just get in anywhere and get my foot in the door so I can start gaining that wonderful thing called experience!

I've also completely redesigned my website and added more to the galleries pages and another demo reel. So I'll post the demo reels and perhaps tomorrow I'll post some gallery stuff!

My website: http://jasmine-hope.com

My Thesis; Don Pollo:










Alright and here is my Lighting Reel:












Here is my Modeling Reel:











And here is a generalized reel I put together for my website:









As far as my lighting reel goes I'm currently working on a project that Ken suggested I do, placing a modeled object into a photograph and making the lighting on that object photo realistic so you can't tell what is CG and what isn't.

To improve the modeling reel I want to re-render the turnarounds faster and I'll be adding a car model in there as soon as I'm finished with it. I'll post those as I update them, but it might be a while before that happens.

It seems that I have several projects going at once and I'm a little overwhelmed by it all right now but that's ok! They're getting done one at a time. I'm also working on a tattoo design for my friend Michelle. I'll post that when it's finished.

I also make jewelry! Yes I bead. I love to bead. I've beaded since I was a child and it is one thing I've missed so very much since going to Ringling. If you'd like to check out my store here is the link:



Ok that seems to be all for now! Until next time "Just Keep Swimming"!

No comments:

Post a Comment